Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Life With the Walter Boys

My Life With the Walter Boys
By Ali Novack
Sourcebooks Fire, 2014. 368 pgs.

My Life With the Walter Boys was a refreshing story line for teen fiction as it wasn't something that's been done a lot before. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. It deals with some serious life issues and the progress made by the main character was realistic and I appreciated her struggle. I also loved the very unique characters of each boy in the Walter family as they all had their own strengths and weaknesses as well as hysterical personalities.


When Jackie's parents die in a car accident, she is sent to live with her mother's old best friend. Jackie has lived a perfect life and is pretty up tight. When she ends up at the Walters, she not only is out of place with her pristine clothes, her pristine attitude, and her New York ways, but she has to learn  how to live without her parents. Jackie slowly gets used to the ranch life and the life of loud boys and finds friends and even love in the mix. It was a fun teen read, and had enough of a heart warming plot to make me care about what happened.

EW

No comments: